Here's my list, thus far
2014 things I have DISCOVERED are:
- a restaurant with breathtaking views (see photo below)
- a conference (all by myself... new hotel, new people, new workshops)
- a place to walk/run (a park by my house)
- another place to walk (I am so thankful to live in the Bay Area, because it never will end)
- a hiking trail
- yellow peppers (I know this one seems miniscule and ridiculous but I cooked with it people, that's like extra good!)
- I can run a mile in under 11 min 30 seconds (which has never been done in my whole life)
- Chicken & Waffles (delicious, I highly recommend)
- cider (Magners Irish Cider)
- my uncle's nationally renowned bread pudding in Colorado (no really...it's in magazines)
So, while I try to discover more about what there is that I have yet to discover, I am starting to really discover all the things I already have. My zest for discovering hasn't faded. I am trying to get out more, planning on going more places and saying yes more often than no. Yet, when I discover new things it helps me add to the life I already know I have that is great and amazing.
I won't lie, sometimes I get sad. Sometimes I get down on myself, and sometimes I get confused and lost in all of this change that's going on in my life. It's not easy every day, and there are times and moments when I want to throw my hands up and say forget all this. But, I hold onto the hope that in my discovering I will finally discover the believe inside myself that life is a continuous voyage, not an ending point.