Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Nearing the End

I am spending my last few days in Chicago sort of....confused.  Since I am finding it hard to put it into my own words, here are some quotes that touch on what I am feeling:

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

"The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways."

"To be all that is possible we must attempt the impossible.  To be all that we can be, we must dream of being more."

"Going backwards to recover that which was left behind in the rush."
"Never are you more aware of what you want than when you are experiencing what you don't want"

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!
    I didn't realize you were in Chicago…doing what?
    When do you head west?
    Birthdays are always better when they land on a Friday. Be safe and enjoy your day, KC.
    Auntie in Colorado : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in Chicago for an adventure. And an adventure it was. I was there for about a year. That was enough for me. I'm glad to be home, happy, healthy and living in the sunshine!!

    ReplyDelete